A fresh start in 2020
Like every new year, I start out thinking about all the things I would like to accomplish in the year ahead. I don’t like to think of them as resolutions, but aspirations maybe?
2019 was interesting and ripe with change. Amazing things happened such as winning an industry social media award and welcoming our new puppy Stella to our family. Scary things happened such as having a nanny (yes, when you are as type A as my husband and I… nannies are scary), Mackenzie started Kindergarten (OMG) and Jackson started middle school.
I always feel so motivated at the beginning of the year, but it is hard to put anything tangible together because let’s face it. You just can plan for everything. So while I may have aspirations, I also have forgiveness for myself.
- Continue to advocate for Mackenzie and ensure that she has the same opportunities to do things as any other kid.
- Be patient with Jackson as he heads into adolescence and is learning how to navigate middle school.
- Date my husband. Our marriage is in dire need of TLC.
- Meet my weight loss goal – I started Profile by Sanford in May of last year. I want to reach my goal! Just 15lbs to go!
- Not just run this year to run, but REALLY train and improve! I started doing Daily Burn 365 and I am confident between that and getting in some gym time I will start seeing some PRs this year.
- Read one book a month. I know that doesn’t seem like much, but it is considering I maybe read two books all of last year. If I want Jackson to read more, I have to show him that it is enjoyable – I need to be a better role model.
- BLOG MORE!! I miss writing. I miss sharing. I think it would help me sort out and navigate this crazy life.
- Spend quality time with friends.
- Not be afraid to make new friends. Mom life is hard. Feeling awkward among other moms is harder.
- Work my business. I LOVE my Monat products so why on earth am I so shy about telling the world how amazing they are?
- Make the church and God a bigger part of my life. I always feel more whole having it in my life.