While I am happy to report a 2.5lb loss this week at my weigh in, it is with reservation. I’ve been bouncing the same 2 lbs back and forth for close to a month now. The true test will come next week to see if I am really back on the right path.
The topic this week at WeightWatchers is motivation and how to stay on plan when you feel yourself flailing. No lie, it has been HARD for me lately. I can chalk up my lack of downward motion on the scale to new meds and surgery, a festering knee injury… but those are really just excuses. It is up to ME and only ME to stay on a healthy path and these little setbacks have only served as excuses for me to cheat. This week’s leader asked some important questions as it relates to motivation and even though she said they should remain private and personal, I’m of course going to share them with you:
1. What was your motivation for starting? What WASN’T my motivation for starting is the better question. Tired of not being able to shop at regular stores or having to dig towards the back of the rack for the bigger sizes. HATING the way I look in pictures. I didn’t want to look back at my son’s childhood and not have there be a single picture of me anywhere. The tipping point came when I was trying on bridesmaid’s dresses and I didn’t fit in the sample sizes. I was so mortified to not be able to be a part of it. I was mortified to have to put stipulations on what everyone else wanted or was willing to wear.
2. What can you do to stay on track? For me: tracking. Every. Single. Day. If I don’t track, I assume I know what I’m doing but I really don’t. It holds me accountable.
3. What helps you stay motivated? Remembering how embarrassed I was trying on bridesmaids dresses. I never want to go back to being that person.
4. What is your next goal? I have my annual girlie exam coming up (yes… as if I haven’t had enough girlie issues…). I would like to be down a total of 25lbs by that exam on November 15. That is just 6.5 lbs that I need to lose. No biggie, right? From someone who has been stuck at the same weight for a month, that is a huge task.
One more piece of motivation for me this week was the announcement of Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation. In partnership with WeightWatchers, Dr. Oz is challenging America to get healthy with a chance to win $1 Million dollars! That’s a pretty good incentive, right? Here are the details from their website:
Here’s how it works:
- Tell a Friend
- Official Weigh-in/Calculate Your BMI
- Connect with Your Doctor
- Learn Your Family’s Health History
- Get More Sleep
- Assess Your Stress
- Start New Fitness Habits
What are you waiting for? Join me in getting transformed today!!
Disclaimer: I am a WeightWatchers member and am not in any way being compensated for promoting this program. I simply think it is awesome and wanted to share it!